miss b's quote

'I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list' Susan Sontag

Friday 1 June 2012

miss b loves........TOMS shoes and sunglasses



I read about the original TOMS shoes some time ago but recently discovered at Kim's blog that they had introduced gorgeous ballet flats. A quick visit to the TOMS website and I spotted ........WEDGES!

I had my eye on a lovely aqua pair which I mentioned in my espadrilles post here but last Saturday, while shopping in St AnnesI just couldn't resist these floral ones.




I have wanted to support the TOMS cause for a while now. For every pair of shoes purchased, TOMS give a new pair to a child in need.




You can read more about the One for One project here. 




By September 2010 TOMS had already donated over a million new shoes to children around the world and Blake Mycoskie, the founder of TOMS, was struck by the poverty in the communities they were serving and he has now launched TOMS eyewear
via
When someone buys a pair of TOMS sunglasses another person in need receives either medical care, a pair of prescription glasses or sight-saving surgery. You can read about the scheme here.


TOMS is more than just a shoe company, it is now a One for One company and I'm sure that restoring sight is the beginning of many more worthwhile projects............. 

27 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely shoes! and a good cause! big like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post!! I love the ideas behind this company, but try not to wear super flat shoes. These are perfect! Can't wait to order some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look very comfy too !!!


    http://ladiesandthecityfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i didnt know toms made wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are not only comfy, well designed but for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these floral shoes are so pretty, and you can wear so many colors with them. TOMS sounds like they are very charitable. How wonderful it is when people think of the children in our world. Have a nice weekend.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit TOMS obsessed right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those toms are so much fun! had not seen them in high heels!
    PS: Hosting a summer giveaway in my blog! Hope you can participate.. its really silly and simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Espadrilles are the perfect summer shoe that you can wear with just about anything. I love the little wedge. These are all so cute and comfy looking ~ the flats as adorable. I like what they're doing with regards helping children in need :) Thanks for sharing!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toms shoes are just the cutest arn't they! And I love the program they have and how involved they are with helping kids and people in third world countries who need help! This ones are also very cute and fit the floral theme for the summer!

    Carly and Stacie

    www.theislandsecret.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, I read your complete profile and You have traveled so much! I envy you
    Chiara

    http://effenshion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those shoes! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely floral pattern :)))
    wanna follow each other?


    kisses
    Ayu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those florals! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the shoes, so summerish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad that Tom's making more types of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh love the wedges--hoping they're comfortable because I'd really like a pair!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really comfortable and excellent quality too! I'm so pleased with mine.

      Delete
  18. I love it Miss B.!...you know Blake Mycoskie idea and Tom's movement were born in Argentina, my country, and that light blue and white stripes in Tom's logo represent the argentinian flag...thats because the Tom's shoes inspiration arose from the argentinian "alpargata" ...
    Big hugs, dear!
    Inés

    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes I remember reading about the link with Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow such a great sunglasses
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the pair you bought and thanks for the shout out! It feels good to know I reached someone :D!!! You just made my day girl. I didn't know they did sunglasses. Thats FAB!!!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on my blog. I really do appreciate it. miss b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...